Sunday 23 November 2008

I do believe in Christmas, I do, I do!

Well, my brother was made redundant on Friday because of something called the credit crunch. A couple of weeks ago, my sister-in-law was also made redundant. Their employers couldn't afford to keep them on, and as they were the last ones to be employed, they were the first ones out the door.

They bought their house only last year, and was the reason why they couldn't come to Jersey for my 18th, because they had mortgage payments and couldn't afford it. They were hopefully supposed to be coming to Jersey for Christmas, so we could have a proper family Christmas, as my sister's coming over and it'll be my niece's first Christmas. Doesn't really look like that's gonna happen, unless there's some sort of Christmas miracle.

The realistic, bah-humbug part of me thinks that there's no such thing as Christmas miracles and my brother and sister-in-law wont be joining us for Christmas.

However, the other part of me - the one that's grown up with Disney happy endings and too many happy Christmas stories - is daring me to believe that it can be done. I'm feeling so Christmassy! I have annoying Christmas songs (especially Freddie's) going round and round my head, I want to start decorating the house, even though its still November!

So, for possibly the only time EVER, I'm hoping, nay, praying for a Christmas miracle, because, well, it's Christmas! And everyone deserves a miracle at Christmas.

1 comment:

gwailoleigh said...

I hope you get your miracle. They can happen...