Wednesday 21 January 2009

Ideas


Its weird how ideas work

Last night I went to Write Club - which is a creative writing group where writers meet to read some of their work, hear others work and generally just have some fun. We did a few exercises last night and out of that, a few ideas sparked in my head. I thought about them all last night, but didnt have time to write them down because I had lots of reading to do. They raced through my brain while i tried to get to sleep - making links, storylines and characters. I've only had time now to sit down and start trying to write these ideas down but I can't seem to cement any of them. Its really frustrating but quite nice too because its been a long time since iv actually felt creative and wanted to write.

One phrase from last night that has sparked a million different storylines - all as interesting as the other. We had to write a poem in 10 seconds (basically its a competition to see who can write a very funny and random phrase in 10 seconds) One guy came up with:

Tickle me,
I'm poor


Which had us laughing for ages, and now it had created so many ideas that i have no idea where to start. But I'm not complaining cause it's brilliant to have my brain thinking about storylines instead of the advantages of the proto-industrial change, for example!

No comments: