Sunday 26 April 2009

Death is the Road to Awe

As Freddie keeps sharing music that she loves at the moment, I thought I'd join in the fun. I've just been watching The Fountain, which is the film where this music is from. I actually heard the music before I'd even watched the film, and it was actually hearing this song and seeing this video that made me buy the DVD.

And it is a brilliant movie! Truely beautiful and wonderful. I've seen it twice now, and I cry like a baby every time. I really hope all of you can see it, cause it is really superb. It's classed as a sci-fi movie, and i can see why it is, but i wouldn't class it as a sci-fi. Basically, the beginning is quite confusing, but if you do get round to watching it, please stick with it!!! it does get easier to understand, trust me. And it is an amazing film, it really makes you think about life and death.

And two of my favourite quotes of all time comes from this film - firstly, "death is the road to awe" which i think is just a beautiful way of seeing death, and secondly, "for every shadow, no matter how deep, is threatened by the morning light" as it is really inspiring.

Anyway, this song is amazing, and Clint Mansell is a genius. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Moustache Fever said...

what a beautiful piece of music :) thanks helen, I love listening to what you're into, and we seem to find some interesting stuff by sharing on the blogs :)

And Hugh Jackman looks fuckin WEIRD with no hair!!! lol
xxxxx

Little Red Belly Dancer said...

aw man, i saw this film ages ago nd i stiiiill love it! readin ur blog has made me want to see it again! Music liek this is what made me start learning the violin. gorgeous, gorgeous.
i agree with freddie on the no-hair thing, but how HOT is he as a conquistador!?
x

Helen McGuire - said...

i think he's still hot with no hair, but yeah, i agree he does look weird! But fuck yeah, he's hot as the conquistador. I also love the way she said conquistador! Awww i love this film sooo much! x